The Old Stables is a light and airy, spacious barn conversion. Set in the delightful grounds of Chessell Pottery, in an AONB area, with direct access to country lanes, perfect for exploring the Island
The Old Stables
Guests will enjoy a few luxuries of contemporary living inside the old stone walls of a converted stable barn - leather sofas, Emma Bridgewater crockery, a walk-in power shower and 42’’ plasma screen TV. Plus all the normal features of staying on the doorstep of Chessell Pottery - complimentary pottery decorating and 15% discount off shop purchases in the beautiful Gift Barn, plus grounds to use as your own in the evenings.
Located in the beautiful West of the Island, The Old Stables offers easy access for cyclists, to an intricate network of country lanes taking in quaint villages and country pubs, along with open roads offering breath-taking views of Downland and the coast. We are happy to offer barn storage for bikes.
The Old Stables sleeps 7 and comprises 3 bedrooms on the first floor (one king, one twin and one single) and one additional double accessed from a spiral staircase in a small separate wing of the property. The upstairs bathroom has a shower over bath, bundles of fluffy white towels, plus there is an additional downstairs WC with walk-in power shower which is located near to the staircase which reaches the extra double room.
The open-plan living space is spacious, light and airy, has a lovely fitted Italian-style kitchen with doors each side to private courtyards, giving a sense of ‘letting the outdoors in’. The kitchen is well-equipped with beautiful Emma Bridgewater polka dot crockery, a full-size dishwasher, washing machine and drier, large family-size fridge freezer, plus a comfortable lounge seating area with leather sofa and chairs, and beautiful wood burning stove. There is a separate TV/snug room with large leather sofa and a 42” plasma screen TV. To the front and rear of the property there are small enclosed courtyard gardens.
Guests are given a complimentary voucher to have a go at decorating their own pottery in the studio during their stay - decorate a lasting memento of your holiday!
Guests are also entitled to 15% discount on goods in the Gift Barn, which stocks the largest range of Emma Bridgewater pottery on the Island, as well as the pottery's own Chessell Ware, hand-made on site, cards, toys and local art work. The 15% discount applies to purchases in our cafe as well.
The Old Stables is no smoking accommodation.
Facilities at a glance
• Bright, modern accommodation sleeps 7 (one king, twin and single on one floor plus a separate king-size bedroom).
• Upstairs shower over bath, downstairs WC with walk-in power shower.
• Modern Italian-style kitchen with Emma Bridgewater polka dot crockery.
• Open plan kitchen seating with large, contemporary kitchen dining table seating 8, leather sofa & arm chairs.
• Under floor heating which gives a constant air temperature throughout the property (all included).
• Log fired stove.
• Microwave, fitted dishwasher, washing machine and drier.
• Ecover products provided for guests use.
• 42” flat screen TV in separate snug room with leather sofa, Freeview & DVD.
• All linen and bundles of white towels provided.
• Cot, high chair and stair gate available.
• Basket of toys provided for little guests and a fun wheelie bug.
• Access to the Pottery’s courtyard garden with traditional garden games including Giant Jenga for the little ones to enjoy.
• Award-Winning Cream Tea and fresh flowers on arrival.
• Complimentary pottery decorating in the studio (Easter to end Christmas, by arrangement outside of this time).
• Courtyard Cafe serving Cream Teas (you can order one anytime to be delivered to the back gate!).
• Child friendly accommodation (wooden floors, melamine crockery) & one friendly dog welcome.
From around £425.00
- Children Welcome
- Dogs Welcome
ContactHelp us help you, please mention that you saw this ad on Beds for Cyclists!
01983 531858 or 01983 755319 (evenings)
Brook Road, Chessell, Yarmouth, Isle of Wight, PO41 0UE
|National Cycle Route|
|Regional Cycle Route|
|Local Cycle Network|